Friday, June 22, 2012

A Bit About Stephanie....

So I'm not going to go into a complete history of my life!!! But here are the basics.  I am a stay at home of two wonderful children (Brittany aged 2 and Rob 7 months).  I am married to my high-school sweetheart, Robert.  He is about to start his 3rd year in his Orthopedic Surgical Residency.  Needless to say, life around my house is bit NUTS!!! I have always been a bit of an athlete.  Competed in both gymnastics and cheerleading up until college.  However, both are sports not really well suited for a life time of commitment.  Took up the fad "boot camp" workouts in college and loved them, but found I needed to workout almost 3 hours a day, 5 days a week in order to keep the weight off (not that weight is everything, but it certainly makes you happy).  Then we got pregnant with Brittany all that exercising went out the window!! Good thing I got back on track (well kind of) with Stroller Strides and was able to work out until the day Rob was born and I was back at it 2 weeks post c-section! However, it's only an hour work out and I've now then put on some weight, and not to mention I now don't have 3 hours to spend working out.  So I began running again (I had started the year that my husband and I got married)! I have some very lofty goals for the next 6 months.  The biggest races on the calendar are Nike Women's 1/2 Marathon in San Fran, a full marathon of some sort in either Nov/Dec., and then in Jan. 2013 I am registered for the Goofy Challenge at Disney World.  For those of you who don't know, the Goofy Challenge comprises of running the 1/2 marathon on Saturday morning and then the full marathon on Sunday morning. Ahhhhhhh..... What was I thinking?  This blog will archive the adventures that I will be having this year, because if I can pull this off, it will be very interesting!! I hope you will celebrate, laugh, and I'm sure cry with me through the next 6 months as I embark on what might be my biggest goals, since dreaming of going to the Olympics one day (look I was 10 give me a break)!!! I better stop here for the night because my group run for 3 miles starts tomorrow morning promptly at 7am!!!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, Stephie! I will be running "with you" here in Austin. I'm so glad to have been your running partner when this crazy adventure began...I still remember your first 2-mile run! Can you believe how far you've come?! Literally?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pamie!!! Sure wish you and John would do the Goofy Challenge with me this year!!! I need a buddy!! :) LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete