Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Working Out

Back to the grind of the week and man it's been a week.  The kids have been in swim classes for almost two whole weeks and it just so happens to be during their "nap" time (of course that's relative for B).  It was the only spots she had open and she has proven to be FANTASTIC. Both kids are swimming.  B is swimming all the way across the pool and back...UNASSISTED and R is swimming from me to the step (which is all B was doing at the beginning of the summer).  Needless to say it was a good choice, but the Girling kids (and mama) are EXHAUSTED.  That being said, I still have to manage to train for my Triathlon and do regular workouts.  Seriously I'm living in a state of EXHAUSTION!!!  

Many of you may want to know what I do for my "regular" non training workouts.... Well, I joined Body By Bootcamp last month and I'm LOVING it.  I had been with Tracy (trainer and owner) before I had children and when I found out she was having a Living Social coupon I thought I'd give it try, it's so nice to be outside in the summer so why not?! 

Man my 1st class back was a COMPLETE shock!!! While I had had some great workouts with Stroller Strides and in the gym, I had completely forgotten what a small group training class was like.  LOTS of personal attention.  A good friend Christina Borrego-Walls has been joining me in my newest workout adventure, which has been such a blessing; workout buddies are the BEST.  On the first day Tracy has you weigh and measure in (of course this is done discretely).  You bring your own weights, a yoga mat, and a towel (because sister you're gonna sweat).  She brings the workout and man does she BRING it.  In the first week we had turned some very childhood games into the most challenging workouts I've EVER done!! Ever done Abs to a deck of cards?! Four different ab exercises (based on the suit of the card), she shuffles and you do the number of the exercise she draws.  Lets just say... who knew 52 cards could be so demanding.  Or how about a game of UNO while you run the parking lot?! Same rules apply but you have to run the parking lot to get to the deck!!! To say the least she changes it up.  In fact I lost count of the "new" activities she introduced me to over the past four weeks.  At one point I was trying to keep track, but alas I gave up.  Class size is small and each of the ladies are super nice and beyond welcoming.  Not to mention they all hold you accountable for where you have been and what you've been up to!! Classes meet at Raymond Russell Park off of IH10 and Camp Bullis under the large pavilion.  They are held in sessions of four weeks and meet Monday through Friday from 9-10am.  Cost is beyond reasonable at $100 for unlimited amounts of camp days for the session.  That means if you go every day class would only cost you $5!!! SERIOUSLY it's a STEAL for what you are getting.  I'm sure many of you are like, "there is no way I'm going to be able to hang".  You would be WRONG my friend.  Tracy makes sure that EVERYONE is moving at their own level.  The goal... to keep moving!! 

So the results of my first bootcamp: 3 pound weight loss (remember this was really before I decided to do "30 before 30") and loss of 5 total inches!!! 

So YES I'm back at it for another session.  This session Tracy has challenged those who want to, to a weight loss challenge. This means those who want to join will put $20 in the pot and the person who has the biggest weight loss percentage will win 60% of the pot and at almost 15 people joining in, that's a nice little payday for losing weight!!  She is also going to do some mid way winnings!!!! WAHOOO!!! 

My end goal would be to do Boot Camp 3 days a week and gym workout (right now consisting of swimming for TRI training) 2 days a week.  We'll see.  I have yet to be able to do that (see above...EXHAUSTED).  I have an activity monitor through Weight Watchers (another post) that challenges me and I was just bumped to the next level and I have yet to meet my challenge this week, so it looks like I will need to address this issue in the very near future!! 

Hope to see you in Bootcamp or at the pool or on the road!! I always LOVE a workout buddy!! And if you have any questions feel free to ask me or check out her website...http://www.bodybybootcampsa.com/

1 comment: