Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Food For Thought

Many of you may know I'm a COMPLETE foodie!! I LOVE it.  I love good for you food, bad for you food, cooking food....anything FOOD!!!! Seriously I'm a complete 100% food addict!!! My dad has taught me many things in life but some of the best things he's taught me is how to cook!!! My mom taught me how to bake and if you put those two together it equals SCREWED!!!

So you are probably wondering how a foodie plans on losing weight....especially 30 pounds?!?!  Well I will be dotting all my i's and crossing all my t's.  I have also recently started Weight Watchers.  I started a few weeks ago and I do like that it forces me to be more aware of portions sizes.  I REALLY like the recipe builder feature on the website.  Allows me to easily add one of my own recipes and let me know how much I can or cannot have.  I do wish they had that feature for the phone!!

All that said I like anyone else like to find a "good for you" snack, dessert...food!! However I HATE the taste of "good for you" processed foods.  Like beyond HATE! However, my bootcamp instructor and friend from bootcamp suggested these "good for you" cookies.  My first thought was "yeah right", but I could buy them at Costco (conveniently I needed to go) so I thought I'd try them....... OMG they are AMAZING!!!!! Shelia G's totally hit it out of the park!!!! And the best part is one serving is only 3 points!!!

So I bet you're wondering what the skinny is?  Basically it's a wafer thin brownie or cookie or hybrid of both!! Sheila G claims it's a "Brownie Brittle".  I'm not exactly sure what that is but it tastes FABULOUS!!! They come in 4 flavors (Chocolate Chip, Mint Chocolate Chip, Salted Caramel, and Toffee Crunch).  My Costco only had Chocolate Chip, which I'm not going to lie I was a little disappointed because I wanted some less "boring".  Oh how I was wrong.  It's so far from boring!!

Oh you want pictures?! No problem!!




That last photo is of the actual cookie...errrrrr brownie......errrr brittle?! That one square is about 75% of a serving size so 2 of them is a serving and a half.  That's a BIG portion.  I was looking through Sheila G's web site (www.browniebrittle.com) and she has different ideas of what you can do with them.  My favorite was the a cup of mixed berries and whipped cream and brownie brittle!! YUMMMMM.  Good thing my Costco trip also included buying berries!!! 

All this talking about them makes me want them!! Off to the kitchen...

Oh and if you want to follow my foodie addition and all things food... I'm adding a section to the blog for that!!! Check it out from time to time!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment