Sunday, April 12, 2015

Good For the Soul

What's good for my soul is good for my family....

Let's get real, I'm a true, down to the bone, Texan.  I choose to wear flip flops and boots over heels. I love the outdoors. Red, White and Blue soar through my blood. A good Texas country love song is the best song on the radio. Driving through the hills and by the lake is a favorite past time. And Bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrushes make the best bouquet. 

Today was good for my soul and the memories we made will last a lifetime. Nikki found this "little" field of bluebonnets and thankfully her daughter had a soccer game near it. Robert, the kids and I jumped in the car and drove up. This field was far from little and can only be described as AMAZING. We threw on our boots and simply played in the field for an hour. And honestly it wasn't enough time!! See you need a certain type of rain to get these kinds of wildflowers to bloom and Texas has actually had that this year. They are so abundant and beautiful! My kids learned to only pick up the ones already on the ground and that cowboy boots protect you from fire ants (but only your feet)! We listened to Pat Green and Aaron Watson. We drove the hill country. We grabbed a Storm's Burger (and coke) and headed home to cheer on the Longhorn (Spieth) in The Master's. 

Today, my friends, was good for the soul!! Good for my family's soul. Good for Texas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment